Emergency Department is equipped to handle emergencies of any kind. Emergency Physicians use diagnostic equipment to quickly scan the body for internal injuries.
- Blacking out or unconsciousness
- Severe or unusual bleeding that won’t stop
- Any accident on the road, at home or at the workplace
- Severe allergic reactions from insect bites, food or medications
- A gaping wound or broken bones
- Severe chest pain
- Breathing difficulty, asthma attacks
- Suspected stroke
- Suddenly can’t speak or move
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Severe burns
- Severe abdominal pain, persistent vomiting
- Drug overdose or swallowing poison
- Fever, cough, respiratory infection
- Any other sudden illness that needs medical help
We understand the vital role of optimal stabilization of the sick and injured patients during the GOLDEN HOUR and ensuring the best outcomes in terms of saving lives by providing thrombolysis for myocardial infarction(heart attack).
Nankem Hospital has the only air conditioned ambulance in Nilgiris capable of transporting critically ill patients like those with respiratory failure, acute MI, heart attack, stroke, head injury, RTA, polytrauma epilepsy/fits. The ambulance is fitted with O2, ventilator, cardiac monitor, defibrillator, infusion pump, suction unit and a spinal board.